15 Feb 2015

Dusting Cobwebs

This feels like deja vu. Coming back to a blog that I haven't touched in a long while. And possibly the longest hiatus yet. Heck, two scheduled Past Entries have already popped up since my last written post. 

I'm not going to use the "time really flies" excuse. Because I know that to me, it felt anything but a rapid blur of events. More like a slow-drifting fog. 

Why the sudden hiatus of a few months? Simple: wasn't in the mental mindset to put down anything into words on this blog. Lots of sorting to be done in my head, lots of time to commit to work and study, and not enough left to consolidate whatever self-reflection I'd done into writing.

And I felt that by now, having dealt with National Service and trying to go back into the groove of academic studies as a "proper" student, it's about time I got back to this. So much has been bottled up in my mind, and the more I do this kind of "mental unloading", the more I feel I'll be better able to cope with pressing tasks.

But that would have to wait until next post. And this time, I've no idea when. Seriously. No schedule. No cycle. Especially not when actual classes kick in and I start juggling assignments again, but on a higher level than back in JC.

Still, there are accumulations of thoughts growing in my head. I'd rather see them materialised here, because it's unlikely those bundles of ideas are likely to die off that easily. And I don't really like half-formed distractions.

So... next post. Something better than this.