6 Apr 2014

Drifting

There are times when I feel like I'm drifting away. Half-separated from the material world, floating as wisps of untouchable consciousness. This might be one of those times.

I've been feeling a little bit woozy lately. Not sick. Not fatigued. Just not quite in the usual state of mind. I don't quite feel connected to this world as I normally am.

Like it's some sort of half-dream. Where not everything is there. Where not all of me is here.

It might be the crazy weather lately. It might be the recent drought of public holidays. It might be something I ate.

Whatever it is, it's a little bit annoying. It feels sorta like ennui, but not quite. It actually feels like there's something wrong with me physically, but I can't pinpoint it. Like some annoying parasite that I could just pluck off and fling away... if I could find it.

I suspect that this is probably temporary. These kind of odd spells seem to fade away on their own, without me changing any routines or trying any new things. So maybe after a while I'll go back to living the real reality of life.

Or will I end up in a different reality?