4 Aug 2013

Red & White: Part 1

"We're sorry, but the number you've dialled is currently unavailable. If you like, please leave the message after the tone." 

*beep*

...

"...hello? Yeah it's me. Just wanna tell you that I'm at the airport terminal right now. It's kinda packed right now. I guess a lot of people also want to go back home around this time too.

"Anyway, I'm stuck because the flight's been delayed for quite a while, dunno why. It's been an hour already, and we're still unable to board. Ah well, more time for me to shop around here for stuff that you'll probably yell at me for not buying back. Seriously, how many perfume brands do you need?

"...I guess I should've expected that you wouldn't answer at this time, huh. You always switch off your phone when you're sleeping. Like a pig. I can almost hear you snoring from all the way down there.

"Oh, before you smash your phone on the floor after hearing that, tell Mom and Dad that I'm fine. They've been bugging me so many times with their calls and emails all these months! And they still sometimes forget about the time zone differences. You know how many times I've been woken up by my phone while getting my sleep before school already?

And yes, I do miss the food. Tell Mom I can't wait to try her cooking again. ...Wait, on second thought, don't. She'll probably think I've been starving the entire time here, and cook up a whole buffet for twenty people.

Man, I can't wait to get back on my bed again! You better not have messed up my room or–"

"Ladies and gentlemen, gates 39 and 40 are open for boarding. We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the delay."

"...yeah, I better go now. Won't be able to use my phone on the plane.

"...see ya in a while."

*beep*