8 Apr 2012

Sleep

.....oh crap. It's that late already?

I seriously better head to bed now. Can't go to school feeling like a half-dead drunk zombie.

Hang on I have to sort these online things first! I can't sleep knowing I've left these undone!

*few minutes later*

...Alright. Lights out.

*click*
*plop onto bed*

Well. This is it. My eyes are shut, the windows are open just right, the door's closed. I should be drifting off unconsciously into dream land soon...

...I said soon...

...

...Now?

Okay never mind. I shouldn't force myself into knocking out. I'll only make myself more tense. Maybe I should just think other things to wear my brain out enough so I'm more likely to fall asleep.

Err... maybe I'll go over what to expect tomorrow? There's only three subjects of lessons, so that's not too much to handle - oh wait! I nearly forgot about the class photo-taking session! ...Nah who cares about it? I certainly don't. I have no incentive to bother to look for props to use, nor do I feel like looking absolutely stunning that day. No biggie. But DAMN that camera flash almost gets me all the time, nearly always catching me with my eyes closed. Even if I succeed the world becomes dark blueish for a while...

Hold on. I also realised tomorrow's the day the PW results are released! Oh crap. Ohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrap. I don't know what to think about this! What if my other group members did much better than me and I sucked so bad? What are my group mates and PW mentor and other teachers and parents going to think???

OKAY ENOUGH. That's a really bad thing to think about. Maybe something simpler? How about the dinner I had? That was pretty nice I guess. Haven't had that for quite some time, surprisingly, not sure why. The soup was tasty too, with enough pepper and -

...oh no. I'm feeling thirsty again. But didn't I just drink a cup of water a while ago? Maybe it's the weather. I can't fall asleep if my mouth feels like I've just eaten potato chips! But if I drink too much I'll have to pee, which means more moving about and becoming even more restless, and taking even longer to sleep! And I'm wasting precious hours of needed sleep!

Oh forget it. I'll just drink water again and go to the toilet while I'm up.

*even more time later*

Okay I'm on my nice cosy bed again. Perhaps thinking other thoughts was a bad idea. Only gets my brain more worked up. I really should be clearing out my mind instead.

So... think emptiness.

Blank.

Nothing.

Zilch.

Darkness.

Sleep...

...

...

...

...oh for goodness sake! Whose crying baby is that?!? It's been at it for - is it - about half an hour already! What the heck are those parents doing?

Grrrr... better shut the windows to at least mute that wailing machine.

...

...

...

...GAAAAAAH. It's so WARM now! I think the baby's stopped anyway, better open the windows again.

...

...

...

...

...

...is that the TV? Who watches such a loud drama at this time of night? Guuuh but I can't be bothered to do the open-close window routine again. I'll just ignore it...

...

...

...

...

...FINALLY. Probably received some complaint from a neighbour nearby. Now back to Slumberland...

...

...

...but what if this is the dream? What if I'm trying to fall asleep when I already am? How would I know when I'm dreaming? Is this going to be like Inception? I don't have a Totem with me! 

Don't be silly and just go to sleep! I have school tomorrow. Philosophical thoughts can wait.

...but really! Then we could go into a deeper dream level and deeper and deeper and then do whatever we want inside because time is much more lengthened down there and we can build huge cities like Minecraft but much better and fly around and do godly stuff and - 


That's nice. But even then I won't know unless I FALL ASLEEP!!!


...Good riddance.

...

...

...

... Ba daa ba da ba da dum ~ 


Huh?

... Ba daa ba da ba da dum ~ 


Great. The last thing I need now is a song stuck in my head. And I don't even know what it is!

Ba daa ba da ba da dum ~ It doesn't sound that familiar though Ba daa ba da ba da dum ~ Maybe I heard it from elsewhere Ba daa ba da ba da dum ~  A shop? Arcade? Ba daa ba da ba da dum ~  Or is it from some music CCA practice session? Ba daa ba da ba da dum ~  Maybe I'm even making this all up spontaneously??? Ba daa ba da ba da dum ~ Oh no it's getting really annoying Ba daa ba da ba da dum ~ I have to make it stop Ba daa ba da ba da dum ~ Ahh crap it's getting louder! Ba daa ba da ba da dum ~ WHY?!?!? I don't even know what tune it is!!! BA DAA BA DA BA DA DUM ~ WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BRAIN

GAAAAAH!

Oh wait. Is it gone?

I've really had enough of this nonsense! I'll just ignore everything and sleep! That's it! Nothing else!

Goodnight world!

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...hey maybe I'm almost there... I think I'm almost about to dream - 


Wha-? That wasn't long. Like only a few seconds! I bet it's still like 2 in the morni-

...Crap. It's already 6. I have to get up.

Urgh...