6 Dec 2011

Past Entry 14

6th September 2011, 11+ pm

Tonight's going to be the first night that I'll be staying in my new home. We're still in the process of moving things over and rearranging stuff neatly, but now it's currently considered suitable for my family to stay and sleep over. 

Well so far I haven't really had any strong feelings of remorse or homesickness yet, which is kind of a good start. I was initially harbouring immediate thoughts of objection and disbelief when I first heard the news that we would be moving house this year, and to a smaller unit too. There wouldn't be a similar balcony garden or spacious living room, and the bedrooms would be a fraction of the current one I was in. It seemed more of a downgrade since we were already staying in a mansionette unit...

I'm not really sure when to schedule this post yet, but perhaps by then I would have gotten quite used to this place, and maybe even enjoy this place. However I also don't want to forget the place where I have lived for about 17 years. I practically grew up in that house, in that suburban neighbourhood not nearby shopping malls or offices but consisting of friendly coffee shops and local supermarkets, along with a nice park. Now this new home is quite the opposite, being close to a hotspot for activity, and having the advantages of proximity and convenience to facilities and modes of transportation.
Although the distance wasn't exactly short, I didn't mind the journey to the coffee shops nearby. Along the way I usually got to witness various sights of young children playing in the playground...
Elderly women sitting on benches chatting away, although I didn't understand them...
Some boys playing soccer or basketball, temporarily ignoring the passing of time...
Students from Xinmin Primary and Secondary school that emerged every evening...
The bubble tea shop that was swarmed by those students because their drinks were tasty...
The food and drink stall owners that endlessly strived to earn a living...
Gatherings of men that came to watch football on the plasma TV at the coffee shop late at night...
Children trying to win a toy that they want from the gaming machines...
...and yet I feel there's still something that I haven't discovered about that neighbourhood yet. Some hidden treasures I haven't chanced upon. I still have that yearning to at least visit the neighbourhood occasionally to see what has changed, or what I've missed despite living there for so many years.

...Perhaps I should set this to show up somewhere in the December holidays? Well I can be quite certain that I wouldn't be distracted by exam/project-related worries, and would be able to unwind in the comfort of my new home. Unless something disastrous will happen to me later in the next 2 or 3 months, but the chances of that are slim. Right? Right???