18 May 2011

Past Entry 10

Friday 22 April 2011

Ok now I finally got back to writing Past Entries. Today's Good Friday, and I happen to have a lot of time on my hands at the moment, so I might as well do this. Since this is the 10th one, I thought of scheduling this on the day this blog turns 3 years old!

Unfortunately this date will be on a Wednesday, so I don't think I'll actually be able to physically post on the day itself. Maybe I could, but the probability isn't very high. Considering that I'll probably have tests around that time, and I'll have ongoing projects too, I may not be in the mood. Sorry, I'm not the type of blogger that feels obliged to post every day or few days just to make the blog really active for fear of losing audience. I didn't create this blog just to become famous on the Internet. This is more like just a channel for me to both express opinions/feelings and (perhaps less importantly) improve writing skills.

I started this out of boredom due to being stuck at home with a fracture. I wasn't suddenly motivated to become an Internet celebrity through blogging. Well I was thinking of following the crowd in terms of having my own blog. So many people whom I know had started blogs way before me, some as early as Primary 5(11 years old)!

I also find that people seem to be (slightly) more responsive to my posts when they are reposted to Facebook than when left on the original blog itself. Maybe some of them don't know that all these posts come from the blog in the first place, but I think it's more likely that there isn't a need to come to my blog if they can just read my posted content from the Facebook Notes. Unless there's multimedia content or extra text formatting in the post which can't be displayed through Notes, but then again are they really interested enough to bother to go all the way to the original post just to see that?

Whether this blog will become extremely popular or just remain as low-key as it is now, I still intend on continuing to sustain this blog. Even when I'm away for long periods, I will prepare scheduled posts for those time periods. Like a whole series of Past Entries. Or maybe for fun I could write a few silly short stories that would be released one by one weekly. Perhaps that could hook more people in?

(How the heck would I come up with an interesting story anyway???)