7 Apr 2011

Past Entry 8

10th January 2011

Usually I don't mind if it's raining outside while I stay cosy indoors. The rain makes the whole place cooler, a nice change for a mostly warm island country, although some whom I know can't handle it even a tiny bit.

Yet tonight the heavy and long-lasting rain seems a bit ominous to me, I'm not sure why. Maybe I think too much about the new phase in my education called Junior College (or Pre-University, whatever). I've already struggled with adapting to a new primary school, two secondary classes that are almost foreign to me initially, and now I'll soon be in an even more daunting environment. Sure there are schoolmates that joke about it or look forward eagerly to JC, and I'm not saying they shouldn't.

I'm planning on setting this entry on a date when I should be settled in JC. I already roughly know what I'm studying for the next year, but the personal experiences and unknown future obstacles I cannot predict. I don't even think I'll be in the same class with anyone I know...

The fact that I'm entering JC also means that my life is really accelerating. I wouldn't have appreciated the freedom I had in primary school back then, probably because I was not really thinking much about what's happening around me. Maybe at the start of secondary school I might have valued time more than before, but I still had a weak perception of the flow of time. And now I find that time moves faster than I expected, and I'm losing control over it.

I never found out much about what's enjoyable about life in JC from my peers. Then again considering that it's only about two years there may not be much time spent on leisure or relaxation. I imagined that the workload would be even worst than in secondary school, but I haven't confirmed this at all. Also, given that students from other schools will join us and have a competitive edge over us, the pressure must definitely be higher. Whether it'll still tolerable for me I don't know...

Well, I hope that when this post pops up again in the future, I would be coping very well in school and making the most out of my limited time in JC. Everybody's going to step it up, and so must I...