17 May 2010

The Good & the Bad

Whew! Quite a relief that my mid-year tests are over! The pressure was insane, and the examination venue was freaking cold! I wouldn't be surprised if a penguin was spotted in there making itself comfortable. Nevertheless I managed to do my (supposed) best. And over the course of the next few days the horrifying truth will be revealed...

...but I still have one LAST test for the first semester, and that's the MEP group performance. It really feels like the last troublesome barrier I have to jump over, while everybody is still in euphoria over the fact that they managed to conquer the exams. It's seems unfair to me, but then again I'm the one who wanted to join the MEP in the first place, so I'll make do with that. But come on, why have the practical test IMMEDIATELY after the exam week?!? After a runner has just completed a marathon, do you ask him to join a sprinting competition after that? Even then, the runner would have already warmed up quite a lot, but in my case I had ABSOLUTELY NO TIME to practise with my partner at all in the last few weeks! I'm sure a lot of people would have gone rusty without that much practice.

However, it's definitely too late to do anything about it, especially since the practical's tomorrow T.T That's why I took the last few days to quickly catch up and smoothen out as many kinks as possible. It's really like praying for a miracle to happen, and I don't think the teachers realise that at all. Or maybe they do, but then they think we might be able to sacrifice our precious revision time for our music, which in our situation is basically a bad move. I just wish they moved the practical to next week, and prevent us from being heavily handicapped because of our tests...

...but once that's over I'll deal with my holiday assignments first before enjoying my break. Every single time I always use the plural "assignments", but that's not enough to express exactly how much freaking homework the teachers dump on us! If I earn $1 for every arbitrary unit of homework I get from them, I might become a millionaire from the homework given since Sec 1. And for some reason there's ALWAYS Chinese holidays assignments. Not just for me but I bet many schools also do the same thing. I always wondered if the teachers are actually fine with giving holiday homework, because they have to prepare it and mark it later, so wouldn't that mean even MORE work for them? Do they get extra credit/pay for doing such things? :/

Sigh, I just want Term 2 to finish quickly. We'll all be watching movies, shopping, playing games, going to concerts(MIKA!), going on holidays etc. Problem is there's only one month to do all that AND finish the blasted holiday work. And someone STILL has the cheek to say "Hope you've had a good break" before announcements. Although in our case, I think "he" might be forced to do so...