12 Mar 2010

Past Entry 2

12 Dec 2009, around 11pm

Well at least this entry is a bit further ahead into the future than my first one.

On this day, I'm watching Miss World 2009 live tonight. One important point: Miss World is different from Miss Universe, which means this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH RIS LOW. Anyway, this pageant is held in Johannesburg, and the intro was quite energetic. Hmm, I'm not sure what Miss Singapore World's national costume's like, if there's any.

Hang on, now there's this event called Dances of the World; it DOES show off all the national costumes! And it looks pretty lively too! However, I have absolutely no idea what Miss Singapore World would dance or wear now, but I don't think everybody might dance anyway. Miss Japan looks like the most delicate dance, with one of the biggest dresses worn. Others' dances were quite lively! At least this made the national costume showcase livelier...

Well, today's also the day I switched to a new playlist for the blog. (For the first time) Okay it's less important than the Miss World pageant, but it's just another "time landmark" for me and others to refer to. Right now, I'm still not sure when to publish this, but I might think of something along the way...

You know, one major issue about Miss World/Universe pageants is that coming up with a national costume is quite tricky, since Singapore consists of many different backgrounds and doesn't have its own unique "Singaporean race". Other things Singaporean are quite hard to bring out in a costume, so we end up with national symbols like the Merlion and Vanda Miss Joaquim orchid. Many people have suggested using the same dress that the Singapore Airline Girls wear, but that itself originates from another country/culture.

At the time of writing, I'm getting nearer to the end of 2009, but you're reading this around the time you're getting accustomed to resumed life in 2010. It kind of feels like 2010 is a super big year compared to the past decade or something. I bet a lot of projects will start and end, and a lot of malls will open. Up till now it still sound like 2010 is in the future, and I'm heading towards a new age. And to think we also had Y2K fears before 2012...

Right now my dad's thinking of bringing the family to a holiday. Not the ones that require any mode of flight; we're probably going to Batam for a few days. Whether that would happen or not I don't know, only those in the future(including myself) can verify for me! Maybe I'll also find out if I had any fun...

Oh yeah, this period is also the period that Team Singapore is at the SEA games. So far I've only been hearing news that Singapore nabbed quite a few gold medals, but I have no idea about the exact medal count. The future me would have a better idea.

(It feels a bit weird talking to me like I was a different person in the future)

One thing to note: all these Past Entries may not come out in order, as those numbered later may be published earlier than other posts; I can publish these posts anytime I like! So if you see things like Entry 19 coming out before Entry 6, don't think that I missed one out, it will be published later.

Watch out for the other Past Entries!

Now I'll continue watching Miss World 2009. Not that I'm hoping that a weird miracle like Singapore winning would occur...


GOD these scheduled posts sometimes screw up