31 Dec 2009

2009 + 1

Currently, Singapore is about 4.5 hours from 2010. Might still be enough time to go and search for a place to spot some fireworks clearly, maybe even hear the soft boom it will produce right after the explosion of light. I'm definitely not going anywhere out tonight, and am content with just watching the celebrations on TV. Not watching now though, Godzilla's on now. Why does the last movie on Channel 5 for 2009 have to be one that ridiculous? At least end the year with a better movie...:P

So, while waiting for the 11pm live broadcast, I'm blogging. And I'm eating M&M's, and the special orange-flavoured ones. Unsurprisingly they are only coloured orange and white. Which is why my left hand has some fingertips stained by orange food colouring. So I have to painstakingly type this post with my right hand only. I can't stand the frequent typos i keep making!!! (Now I know better what people with only one able hand have to deal with, out of the daily numerous challenges)

I'm also listening to 987fm's Top 100 Countdown: each New Year's Eve all the radio DJ's will list the top 100 songs of that year before moving into the next year. Today they started at 12 noon and will go all the way to 10pm, covering 10 songs per hour. I missed the first hour because I was with my mom in the MRT, which was in the tunnel for most of the journey. By the way, we were on the way to check out the new 313 @ Somerset.

When we were there, the radio reception was HORRIBLE. Every time I entered a shop the signal cut off almost instantly. There were some soft spots where I could hear something recognisable, but most of the time there was just noise. I ended up going near railings most of the time, then I could receive the signal better since there was a glass ceiling...

Now I'm back home, and can finally listen to 987fm without interruptions; thank goodness they brought back the live online feed! I'm still wondering what would be the #1 song of 2009...
So are you going out to watch for fireworks? Going to or already at Vivocity/Clarke Quay/Orchard Central/Siloso Beach? Or just simply going to wait at home staring at the TV?

Don't forget the orange-flavoured M&M's...