6 Dec 2008

Change

I've changed the game again. Monochrome II is just too challenging. I've gone for something less challenging. I would have put Winterbells on my blog, but I think the creator prevented anyone from taking his work, so embedding is useless. Bummer. But you can still go to the original website to play this simple, yet possibly addicting, game.

If you're wondering what this game is about, here's a simple explanation: you control a cute rabbit with your mouse. The objective is to jump on floating bells to get as high as possible. Each bell you jump on will increase your score exponentially. The catch: as you get higher, the bells get smaller nd harder to accurately land on. Occasionally, you can also jump on passing birds too, which double your current score. Seems like a suitable and fun game for this Christmas.


Once again, I'll introduce another nice Christmas classic, which unlike most classics, isn't an old Christmas carol. Here's a hint: Mariah Carey.

Yes, it's the popular hit, "All I Want For Christmas Is You"!

From Wikipedia:

"All I Want for Christmas Is You" is a song by American singer Mariah Carey and Walter Afanasieff, and recorded for Carey's fifth album Merry Christmas (1994). Its protagonist declares that she does not care about Christmas presents or lights; all she wants for Christmas is to be with her lover. It is unrelated to the 1989 Christmas hit single by novelty act Vince Vance and the Valiants. It was released as the album's first single in December 1994 (see 1994 in music) and reached the top ten in several countries.

According to The New Yorker, it is "one of the few worthy modern additions to the holiday canon". Despite the common misconception that Carey covered this song, the fact is that this track is an original song written by Carey and Walter Afanasieff. It has been covered by singers such as Shania Twain and Samantha Mumba, bands such as My Chemical Romance, and girl group The Cheetah Girls. It was performed by Olivia Olson in the film Love Actually (2003). By late 2006, it had become the best-selling holiday ring tone of all time in the U.S.


Interesting. The song became a popular ringtone only after 9 years. Why? Possibly because of the lack of technology then.



She certainly looked much different then...

Original music video (cannot embed)

And here's the lyrics:

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is...
You

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas day
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you
You baby

I won't ask for much this Christmas
I don't even wish for snow
I'm just gonna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe
I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for Saint Nick
I won't even stay awake to
Hear those magic reindeers click
'Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do
Baby all I want for Christmas is you
Ooh baby
All the lights are shining
So brightly everywhere
And the sound of children's
Laughter fills the air
And everyone is singing
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa won't you bring me the one I really need
Won't you please bring my baby to me...

Oh I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
I just want to see my baby
Standing right outside my door
Oh I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
Baby all I want for Christmas is...
You

All I want for Christmas is you... baby (repeat and fade)


Such a timeless classic. Even after being played many times, it never gets old...