11 Jun 2008

argh...

i didn't have such a good day yesterday. in fact, it was really horibble.

the moment i woke up that morning, my stomach already did not feel right. something was defintely wrong. was i going to throw up?

i tried to eat my breakfast, but for some reason i couldn't eat as much as i used to. and after that, i actually puked. and then i had many bouts of diarrohea. my parents suspected that i might have food poisoning. to think that this would happen on the day of my piano exam...

because of the diarrohea, i became dehydrated and was more tired than usual. i still had it a few minutes before the exam. i was praying so badly that this wouldn't get in the way of my performance. when i walked in, the examiner was smiling gently, although i had the feeling he was just acting...

to make matters worse, the piano i was using for the exam was lousy! the keys seemed to be slightly dampened, which meant i had to press them harder. the lack of energy and focus just made this harder than it already was. i already screwed up badly in the first piece, and it sort of spiraled downhill from there.

the funny thing was, i wasn't nervous at all about the exam. no adrenaline rush at all. probably because i was too busy thinking about my current condition. when i came out of the room, my first thought was that i would have to retake the exam. i really felt disappointed, because i felt that i didn't do my best at all.

anyway, after lunch, the diarrohea still continued for some time, and by then my butt was already very painful, and later i still had a fever. i really couldn't take it, and i was starting to feel a bit sleepy. later that afternoon, i still had to practise with my partner. turns out his playing was better than i expected, and we did quite good for a first session. later that night, the fever came back, and i had to sleep early.

right now, i'm feeling much better. i still have a bit of the diarrohea, but it's not happening as much as yesterday. but still, why did it have to happen on one of the most important days of my life?!?

tomorrow my piano teacher's coming back again, but i'm not sure what to say to him...